Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for a dynamic Wastewater Design Lead offering strong technical and project management experience to join our water/wastewater practice in New York City, Woodbury, NY or Piscataway NJ. Successful candidates will use their technical and management abilities to plan, design and construct water/wastewater infrastructure in a dynamic team setting as well as to mentor junior staff.
The required skills include business development and project management leadership of integrated teams to satisfy client requirements, including scope, schedule, budget, and quality while increasing our backlog, project revenue and profitability with current and new clients.
This represents an excellent career opportunity for a proven self-starter capable of leading medium to large scale projects with a customer-centric mentality with an emphasis on delivery quality at the highest level. In the capacity, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Leading project teams in the planning, design and construction administration of municipal and industrial water and wastewater infrastructure facilities. Clients and projects may be in any locations within the New York/New Jersey Metro Area. Candidate must have the flexibility to travel within the region periodically to help serve GF’s client base.
- Client interaction, presentations and project coordination
- Coordinating work activities by various technical staff and consultants including developing and implementing study and design standards for consultants to follow, leading progress meetings, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, tracking project schedules, and budgets.
- Coordinating work activities and communicating with various municipalities and governmental regulating agencies.
- Manage team of technical resouces from junior engineers to experienced project managers
- Involve in the engineering industry in general and especially in the water/wastewater industry
- Active in professional associations, including presentation of technical papers, member of technical committee, officer of local or national organization
- Involved in exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of novel concepts and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering
- Greater than 15 -20 years professional experience (exclusive of any advanced degree)
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in New York or New Jersey
- Must have demonstrated experience in the design and construction phase of medium, and large sized water and/or wastewater infrastructure projects with full responsibility for budget, schedule, contractual obligations and quality standards
- Experience includes water and/or wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection systems, water transmission/distribution projects, pipeline rehabilitation projects, master planning, and pump stations
- Ability to evaluate progress of staff and results obtained, and recommends major changes to achieve overall objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and project team
- Deliver high quality services within budget and schedule constraints
- Familiarity with codes and regulations related to water and wastewater treatment
- Demonstrated ability in physical, chemical, biological processes, hydraulics, and principals of water and wastewater treatment plant design
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS