Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming supports heavy construction projects that require unique problem solving, design of specialized equipment, and development of complex phasing. We also provide our traditional design services for buildings, transit stations and facilities, industrial facilities, tunnels, water/wastewater facilities, and dam structures. Our structural engineers deliver value through innovative solutions and quality designs, utilizing building information modeling for collaboration through design and construction. Our structural staff is also experienced with current standards in anti-terrorism force protection, blast design, and progressive collapse.
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Structural Practice in Phoenix, AZ. The Senior Structural Engineer will also support other offices within the Western region for projects related to facilities design.
As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the structural engineering, rehabilitation and new design efforts related to transit facilities and buildings and water structures.
- Perform design calculations for various structural components including foundation systems, steel and concrete components. Be familiar with relevant building codes and special codes for buildings and transit facilities.
- Perform field inspection of buildings and transit-related structures as needed.
- Direct efforts of engineers and designers to coordinate with sourcing and the project team on technical matters to meet project specifications, cost control and schedule objectives.
- Work with various offices and communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Coordinate with various disciplines in a positive and productive manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Structural or Civil) required
- Professional Engineering registration license in Arizona or ability to obtain license within 6 months.
- Minimum 8-12 years of progressive experience leading or participating in structural design for buildings and substation projects.
- Proven record of structural design using structural steel, concrete and masonry construction materials for different types of projects including buildings and transit facilities.
- Knowledge of and experience using ASCE, ACI and AISC standards and codes.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and the ability to lead or be part of a project team.
- Must be capable of field inspection activity such as climbing ladders and using man lifts.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Structural, and/or Civil) preferred.
- Proficiency in SAP2000, Ram Structural System, Ram Concept, RISA3D, SAFE, TEDDS and REVIT is highly desired.
- Professional Engineering registration license as a Structural Engineer in Arizona.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS