Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
In an increasingly complex and financially constrained environment, Gannett Fleming recognizes that safety, operating efficiency, state of good repair, stakeholder requirements, and risk mitigation drive program success. We provide planning, engineering, program delivery, testing, and commissioning services to the transit and freight rail industries and offer extensive experience in rail and bus systems, transit facilities, and civil and structural infrastructure. We deliver system expansions and upgrades for bus, commuter railroads, freight railroads, and light and heavy rail transit systems.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Project Manager Assistant or Project Coordinator to support our staff in Valley Forge, PA or Philadelphia, PA. This is an excellent opportunity to join a diverse team that is currently working on a wide range of exciting engineering projects.
The Project Manager Assistant will be responsible for helping our Project Managers with proposal preparation, and will help during projects in the planning, execution and close out phases. They will also help with other general administrative duties as needed.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare fee proposal templates and coordinate with disciplines to obtain fee input.
- Organize documents
Project set up:
- Prepare and distribute Project Execution Plans.
- Prepare and/or coordinate contractual documents for signatures.
- Develop work breakdown structure and budgets using input from fee proposals and enter data into accounting system.
- Prepare electronic project folders.
- Follow up to ensure timely receipt of contractual documents.
Project life cycle duties:
- Format and produce electronic or hard copy deliverables.
- Prepare transmittal letters or email documents to clients.
- Maintain PDFs (Photocopy, scan, file, extracting and inserting).
- Revise budgets based on change orders, amendments, budget reallocations, etc. using internal accounting system.
- Create, format or update tables, graphs, and spreadsheets.
- Revise Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Review pre-bills with each Project Manager.
- Monitor Supplier invoices & prepare for processing.
- Review A/R reports and assist with collection efforts for outstanding amounts
- Research negative variances on projects.
- Coordinate with administrative support staff for assistance with duties
- Assist Project Managers with compliance with corporate Project Management and Quality Guidelines
- Attend various project meetings and prepare minutes.
Project close out:
- Review contractual obligations/scope of work & deliverables with Project Managers.
- Purge and archive records
- Meet with PMs and prepare Supplier Evaluations.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related discipline
- 5+ years of active experience in large multi-faceted projects.
- Project accounting experience
- Ability to read and interpret project contracts
- Must be proficient with the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a particular emphasis on complex Excel spreadsheet capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must have time management skills for deadline-driven functions and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Must have the ability to interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Capable of prioritizing your and others time, to make sure that things get done
- Comfortable working with remote teams and utilizing technology to maximize things like asynchronous communication and collaboration
- Must be highly proficient with spreadsheets, and can work with Google Docs, Sheets and Presentations
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS