Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
A Delivery and Stock Clerk I is an individual who performs receiving, material handling, warehousing, and shipping duties.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A very important and basic task of the person in this position is learning the GANCOM rules and regulations for delivery of, sorting, bundling, and shipping products.
A Delivery and Stock Clerk I is also responsible for performing and assisting with:
- The receipt and verification of materials from vendors and customers.
- Material handling, tracking, and identification of same.
- Packaging of materials for shipment.
- Inventory control.
- Coordination of product handling.
- Making deliveries and pick-ups with the Company’s vehicles.
- Development of self.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Training and Experience: Must be a high school graduate, or GED;
- Must be capable of reading/writing the English language.
- Should be computer literate.
- Must be capable of learning the above-listed duties and tasks.
- Must be a licensed PA driver and a licensed forklift operator, or be capable of achieving said status.
- Physical Demands – The employee will be required to:
- stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor;
- exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally; and/or
- exert 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently; and/or
- exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity – Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading technical journals and manuals, training materials, viewing CRT screens.
- Hearing Ability – Must be able to conduct telephone conversations and converse with end-users and colleagues.
- Communications Skills – Must be able to interpret and verbalize clearly and professionally both verbal and written communications. Must have the ability to interact tactfully and professionally with peers and other workgroups.
- Working Conditions/Environment – Exposure to CRT screens and typical office chemicals – toner, etc. are encountered in the employee’s work area.
NOTE: This employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS