The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
Our construction management and inspection capabilities satisfy the most selective clients. We effectively control our clients’ costs, deliver their projects on time, and meet strict regulatory needs while maintaining long-lasting relationships from the pre-construction stage until long after project completion. Gannett Fleming is looking for an experienced construction management professional for the role of Construction Engineer.
- Performs various office engineering assignments involving the monitoring and technical evaluation of work in progress on a field construction site.
- Review the contract, materials and methods; ensure the requirements of the Contract Documentation are met from a safety and quality perspective
- Establishes and maintains liaison with design engineering staff
- Review and interpret contract documents, Request for Information (RFI) submissions, design changes and contractor submissions relating to materials, claims, delays and change orders; including schedule impacts and payments
- Analyze construction costs and schedules, monitor timeliness of submissions and ensure work is not delayed
- Assist the Construction Site Manager with various reporting activities, including preparation of monthly progress reports for active construction contracts
- Participate in detailed schedule planning/analysis, construction claims analysis, constructability reviews, as well as the provision and administration of construction services and labor resource planning
- Review, analyze and compare Monthly Schedule Updates, ensure they comply with approved Contract Schedules and reflect actual progress
- Ensure schedule completion of the Work within the contract constraints
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or a related discipline
- Registered as P.Eng in the Province of Ontario
- PMP Designation strongly preferred.
- Capable of reading and interpreting drawings and schematics
- Working knowledge of construction management practices and principles, construction techniques and practices, including familiarity with construction and safety laws, contract administration, contract inspection and claims management
- Strong communication skills and excellent business and technical writing capabilities
- Demonstrate strong judgement and good organizational and interpersonal skills combined with effective analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A proven team player with the skills and ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Working knowledge in MS Office
- Must possesses Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s license
- Permanent residency or Canadian Citizen is required
- Local candidates will be given preference
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS