Today’s communities require reliable transportation systems that locally and globally connect people, goods, and places. Gannett Fleming propels communities forward with industry-leading transportation solutions that improve mobility and minimize impacts to the environment. ENR consistently ranks Gannett Fleming as a top 25 firm in transportation, mass transit and rail, highways, and bridges. We focus on smart design strategies, sustainability, innovation that maximizes efficiency, and community partnerships.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Traffic Engineer to lead a broad range of traffic engineering and transportation planning projects for high profile public and private sector clients in North and South Carolina This job will be located in our Asheville, NC office. As a senior traffic / transportation engineer you will apply technical expertise, lead project teams, coordinate with high level client stakeholders and manage relationships with contractors and sub-consultants on a variety of on conventional and unconventional projects. This is a dynamic environment with short deadlines and a high level of interaction with the client day to day.
Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate progressive experience in transportation engineering, with specialized skills and experience in traffic operations and transportation planning. Additional highlights of the role can be found below:
- Participates on interdisciplinary teams with technical responsibilities in the areas of traffic operations analysis; traffic signal design; signing and striping plan preparation; and construction traffic control planning
- Prepares project deliverables including construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, and technical reports
- Supervises work prepared by junior professional staff and technicians
- Participates in client meetings and the presentation of project findings to technical and lay audiences
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in transportation and/or traffic engineering and design
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration is required.
- Experience working with NCDOT is desirable.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) Certification is desirable
- Familiar with MicroStation and/or AutoCad
- Experience using Synchro, VISSIM and/or HCS analysis software preferred
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS