Gannett Fleming has been a driving force in the industry since 1915. Gannett Fleming’s name is on some of the largest water infrastructure initiatives across the U.S., boasting a robust portfolio of public and private projects. We consider each water project an opportunity to innovate, evolve, and look at projects in new and different ways to protect public health and ensure the long-term sustainability of the Earth’s most valuable natural resource.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Baltimore Office is looking for a dynamic and driven Water Resources Engineer with a strong background leading stormwater management projects focused on planning, design and construction management in variety of projects in the Greater Baltimore/DC Metro area.
Responsibilities will include leading multiple project related tasks with state, local and municipal clients in the region, managing projects, mentoring junior staff, and working in a dynamic team setting. Successful candidates will collaborate with teams throughout the Mid-Atlantic to include Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, District of Columbia,and North Carolina to successfully deliver projects and exceed client expectations. Candidate must have the flexibility to travel within the region periodically to help serve GF’s client base.
Other areas of responsibility will include providing technical direction and guidance to ensure that quality management, design and technical services are provided to clients, while at the same time meeting performance targets such as scope, schedule, budget, and quality. Leading civil and water resources related planning and design projects including storm water management, storm drain, TMDL stormwater retrofits and designs, site layout and design, Low Impact Development, watershed management plans, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, bridge scour, dam studies, stream restoration, county and state permitting, and construction phase services. Business development and actual design and production will be required. You will be expected to meet with and interact with clients with minimal oversight from the Water Resources manager.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resources Engineering or related field of practice is required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Professional Engineer license in MD is required with the ability to obtain PE in VA and DC with reciprocity.
- Candidates must possess 7 – 12 years of experience plus in civil site design, with direct involvement in stormwater management design, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, permitting, stream restoration and BMP retrofits.
- Direct experience completing projects with public sector/municipal agencies in the Greater Baltimore/DC Metro area is required.
- Experience in watershed water quality assessments, MS4 permitting and/or program development a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency are all required competencies.
- Experience in providing technical and project leadership to staff-level or junior engineers.
- A strong background using Auto CAD and/or Microstation is required. Experience using ArcGIS, HEC-RAS or other Bentley-related modeling programs is a plus.
- Experience or desire to market their skills and build relationships with local clients.
- Experience with design build projects is a plus.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS