Today’s communities require reliable transportation systems that locally and globally connect people, goods, and places. Gannett Fleming propels communities forward with industry-leading transportation solutions that improve mobility and minimize impacts to the environment. ENR consistently ranks Gannett Fleming as a top 25 firm in transportation, mass transit and rail, highways, and bridges. We focus on smart design strategies, sustainability, innovation that maximizes efficiency, and community partnerships.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Transportation Planning Practice provides environmental investigations and planning studies for the transportation, water resources, land development and community planning projects.
We are seeking a motivated Entry-level Transportation Planning professional with training in the area of planning and/or related field and in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to join our team in Southeast, FL. The position requires collaborating across technical disciplines with Gannett Fleming consultants, providing quality analysis and planning with a focus on sustainable transportation solutions. The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of GIS and excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
Other duties include:
- Assists in traffic studies and traffic projections
- Research and analyze a varieties of data sources (count data, big data, socioeconomic data) for application in transportation studies and models
- Assists in the development of innovative solutions to transportation issues
- Support travel demand and GIS model development and application
- Preparation and development of reports including graphic representation of data through graphs and maps
- BS degree in civil engineering, planning, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- A commitment to obtain either an American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification, E.I.T. and/or P.E.
- A commitment and determination for providing quality services
- Ability to assist in solving complex transportation problems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience with GIS software
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS