Gannett Fleming has been a driving force in the industry since 1915. Gannett Fleming’s name is on some of the largest water infrastructure initiatives across the U.S., boasting a robust portfolio of public and private projects. We consider each water project an opportunity to innovate, evolve, and look at projects in new and different ways to protect public health and ensure the long-term sustainability of the Earth’s most valuable natural resource.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Mid-Atlantic Baltimore Office is looking for a dynamic and driven Entry-level Water Resources Design Engineer to join our Highway Department. Gannett Fleming is recognized as a national leader in transportation, providing a comprehensive range of services for major transportation systems and facilities – from planning, engineering, and design through construction management. This position will offer the opportunity for professional development through working alongside professional engineers within a great team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities will include providing design assistance on transportation related projects that includes the design of stormwater management, open and closed drainage, and erosion and sediment control. Successful candidates will collaborate with teams throughout the Mid-Atlantic to include Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia to successfully deliver projects and exceed client expectations.
Other areas of responsibility will include the preparation of construction plans and details in support of broader engineering activities involving the design of roadways, drainage and site development; gathering and recording information to be used for cost estimating; assists in preparation of studies and routine technical reports or sections of reports; utilizes CADD in plan preparation which may include 3D modeling; performs routine technical work which does not require previous experience related to the development and checking of roadway plans and calculations; works as part of a project team within the roadway discipline; other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering or related field of practice is required.
- Fundamentals of Engineering has been or will be taken.
- Entry-level position, 0-2 years of experience is a plus in transportation design, with direct involvement in stormwater management design, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, permitting, erosion and sediment control, stream restoration and BMP retrofits.
- Familiarity with MicroStation is highly preferred
- Experience with HEC-RAS, InRoads, Excel or other water resource related programs is a plus.
- Must be able to learn, understand and be able to apply Maryland and Federal design codes, AASHTO, SHA Highway Drainage Manual, MDE Stormwater Management and Erosion and Sediment Control Requirements.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS