Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
As Gannett Fleming continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a highly motivated Bridge Designer to join our team in our Camp Hill, PA office. We rely on our bridge designers to perform bridge design and inspection activities on various projects and to deliver high quality results for our clients. Candidates must possess a “can do” attitude and strong team building skills.
In this role, the Bridge Designer will perform structural analysis and develop plans, special provisions, quantities and construction estimates for a wide variety of bridges, retaining walls, and other related highway and railroad structures. A good understanding of highway and geotechnical engineering is desirable.
The Bridge Designer will also assist with performing bridge condition safety inspections. Some short-term travel will be required with these inspections. This role requires excellent communication skills, effective time management, analytical, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be articulate with a professional presence and solid decision-making, planning and organizational skills.
As a Bridge Designer, you are an integral part of our team and will develop the skills needed for a successful career in Structural Engineering at Gannett Fleming.
- Perform and check bridge geometry, structural design, and quantity calculations.
- Prepare and develop details and plans for highway/railway bridges and related structures.
- Participate in the development of construction contract documents, such as specifications, cost estimates and review construction documents such as shop and working drawings.
- Perform bridge inspections, load capacity rating analysis, and develop structure inspection reports.
- Works as part of a project team within the bridge discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-4 years of experience in structural engineering
- Experience or familiarity with LFD & LRFD concrete and steel design methodologies
- Experience with STAAD, Conspan, RC Pier, PennDOT bridge design programs or other structural design programs as well as proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience or familiarity with CADD drawing development
- Detail oriented with strong skills in structural analysis, steel design, and concrete design as it relates to transportation structures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work in a team environment, self-starter, demonstrated organization skills, team player, and strong willingness to increase industry knowledge
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS