At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for an experienced Mechanical (HVAC & Plumbing) Engineer to join our growing office in New York City, NY!!!
As Mechanical (HVAC & Plumbing) Engineer
at Gannett Fleming, you will be providing technical support on design aspects on assigned projects. Your duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Participate in the design of building HVAC, plumbing, fire protection systems including calculations, layouts, sizing, equipment selections, specifications and coordination.
- Document development using REVIT/BIM
- Perform site visits, surveys/inspections to evaluate existing building mechanical systems.
- Provide overall support to project managers and senior engineers.
Projects will include an array of building types serving both private and public sector clientele from market sectors including Education, Housing, Transportation, Food and Beverage and Industrial.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 2 years of relevant experience in the design of HVAC & Plumbing systems for facilities.
- HVAC design skills including heating and cooling load and equipment performance (pumps, fans, compressors, boilers, chillers +) calculation routines and systems’ documentation.
- Plumbing design skills including water supply and drainage systems piping layouts.
- Knowledge of applicable codes.
- General knowledge base for Building Design and Building Services Coordination, mechanical (HVAC and Plumbing) systems layout within REVIT. Integration of Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows in Mechanical system design.
- Proficient in the use of Office 365 applications.
- Effective interpersonal communications skills, a team-oriented disposition and work style, where cooperative work sharing and peer to peer mentoring is a daily habit.
- Personal inclination to learn and grow via internal training, external training and senior staff mentorship.
- Demonstrates technical focus.
Able to support and enhance our department’s
- Experience in design of HVAC systems for K-12 schools.
- Experience with HVAC commissioning.
- Computer based analytical and programming skills required for Building Loads Simulation and Energy Modeling.
- Experience with optimizing Architectural data sets in REVIT for trouble free transfer into designer application software a plus.
- Ability in automatic temperature control (ATC) design. Programming experience and instrumentation hardware knowledge a plus.
- Independently create designs under broad direction from architect/engineer.
It is not a requirement that this candidate to possess a highly detailed knowledge the desired qualifications noted above or of specific building types, design approaches, equipment specifications, system capabilities and requirements. Sr. associates will train this candidate in specific building and engineering system requirements, techniques and applications.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.