At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s architects are solution seekers with a broad base of knowledge and creative experience. We design spaces that inspire, increase productivity, promote brands and values, and result in overall economic and environmental benefits. We are acutely aware of the need to conserve both energy and our natural resources, and we incorporate sustainable elements into our designs. Our seasoned team of architects and interior designers collaborate with clients to develop design solutions that respond to their objectives, cost, and schedule, resulting in buildings that provide flexible, functional spaces.
Gannett Fleming is looking for a talented energetic, self-motivated, and dynamic team-oriented individual that had direct experience in biopharmaceutical, industrial and/or federal research markets to join our team in Raleigh, North Carolina as Lead Architect.
The successful candidate will have the ability to execute and lead all phases of design including initial programming, planning, feasibility, scope and concept development, detailed design, construction documentation, and construction administration. Furthermore, the successful candidate shall display a solid working knowledge of the International Building Code, construction document preparation (e.g. graphics, detailing and specifications), and organization and distribution during all stages of development (e.g. review, bid, permit, etc.).
Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in ongoing business development activities
- Developing project resource plans and pricing for proposals within the architectural discipline
- Meeting with clients to assess needs and develop an associated project program
- Developing conceptual designs and coordinating with engineers on the design team
- Coordinator and all other internal and external project team members
- Developing construction drawings and specifications that incorporate client, regulatory, and industry standards
- Taking responsibility for discipline related internal and external project communication and coordination
- Mentoring junior architectural staff and assist in professional development
- Traveling as required for client development and project execution
- Performing field work as required for project execution (e.g. taking field dimensions, confirming existing laboratory equipment, field visits during construction, etc.)
- Master of Architecture or Professional Degree from an accredited college required
- Architectural licensure in North Carolina
- 15 plus years of experience required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Entrepreneurial, client focused, and leadership skills required
- NCARB Certification preferred
- Experience with advanced technology industry projects preferred such as R&D labs, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, food & nutrition, and/or consumer products
- Experience in laboratory and planning preferred
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred
- LEED GA or AP preferred
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.