At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Design is powerful. The work we do as engineers, architects, planners and construction professionals reshapes environments, reinvents spaces, and strengthens communities for a better, more sustainable world. None of this happens if we stand still, are complacent, or resign ourselves to accepting the status quo.
At Gannett Fleming, we are looking for talented professionals that will join us as we deliver innovation, leadership, and results to our clients. Since our inception, over 100 years ago, we’ve remained agile, and offer a client-centric focus, that most larger firms simply cannot provide. Experience the satisfaction of working on major, multi-billion-dollar projects with a success and growing AEC firm. Enjoy flexible hours while working in downtownToronto.
There is a career opportunity waiting for an experienced Technical Writer to join our Toronto office. The successful candidate will work alongside a team of engineering professionals to deliver technical documents, reports, project plans, etc. in accordance with the specific Project Agreements on the various rail and transit projects across the organization. The Technical Writer will write, review, edit and assemble the various technical documents into readable, concise, and professionally-formatted submissions. Specific responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Review Contracts/Project Agreements to establish submission requirements
- Prepare document templates outlines reflecting the customer submission requirements
- Assign sections and communicate deadlines to the technical teams
- Edit and refine technical sections to ensure content is clear and persuasive
- Coordinate on-time production and delivery of documents
- Format technical documents using MS Word and Adobe Acrobat into a conforming submission
- Format large, complex documents using MS Word and Adobe Acrobat, including inserting graphics and photographs, captions, footers, headers, etc. into an overall submission package
- Verify compliance of all technical documents with the submission requirements
- Guide technical documents through the appropriate review and approval cycles prior to submission
- Manage response to Client comments ensuring comment closeout, document update and document resubmission
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a Technical Writer preferably with a Systems Engineering or Design Engineering background
- Advanced listening skills with a demonstrated ability to accurately summarize information
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a key eye for detail and editing
- Enhanced proficiency in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient in MS Visio
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of professionals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with Adobe InDesign an asset
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint or a similar document management system an asset
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.