Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
Gannett Fleming is hiring a Civil/Highway Project Engineer to join our Piscataway, NJ team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced group of project managers and engineers responsible for providing roadway design and construction-phase services for a wide variety of public transportation and facility projects, including roadway and intersection improvements, bridge replacements, drainage and grading improvements, toll facilities, intelligent transportation systems, highways and interchanges, and site/civil work for buildings/facilities.
Successful candidates will possess experience that includes: the preparation of roadway geometric design; plan production design including the design and preparation of final engineering design of roadway plans; development of horizontal & vertical geometry; preparation of plan & profile plans, typical sections, roadway cross sections, drainage plans, signing & marking plans, signalization plans, and maintenance of traffic plans; utility coordination; sub-consultant coordination; and staff supervision.
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design
- Develop plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, and prepare final bid packages
- Establish working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers
- Provide engineering design services on traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build highway projects
- Manage and mentor junior engineers on project assignments
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and client managers
- Coordinate the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, of subcontractors and internal technical and support staff
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance
- Lead projects and complete tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
- Project QA/QC
- Assist project managers with other various tasks
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) License registered in NJ or the ability to obtain registration within 1 year
- 4 – 8 years of engineering experience possessing a broad knowledge and experience in transportation/design and strong technical skills in highway design
- Proficient and experienced with MicroStation and InRoads/OpenRoads and Microsoft Office. AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience also desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS