Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
We are looking for an in our office. Come join our team!
- Design of electrical systems including: low/medium voltage power distribution, standby/emergency generation, interior/exterior lighting for buildings and roadways, access control, security and fire alarm systems
- Construction assistance including; electrical shop drawing review, contractor relations, and site surveys
- Deliver projects on time and within client budgets
- Deliver projects in compliance with client and company quality control procedures and engineering guidelines
- Participate on project teams in an active production role
- Preparation of project specifications
- Daily interaction and collaboration on cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines
- Coordination and verification of as-built drawings
- Perform quality work that promotes client retention
- Responsible for the development of reports and design documents, including electrical floor plans, equipment schematic diagrams, equipment block diagrams, electrical load calculations, short circuit studies, protective device coordination studies, and arc flash studies.
- Facility types are varied and will include transit stations, toll facilities, vehicle maintenance, commercial, manufacturing, water and wastewater treatment, federal, state and local government.
- 3 to 10 years of experience in consulting electrical engineering
- BSEE or BSET with Electrical/Power focus is required
- EIT required, PE preferred or the ability to obtain the license within the first year of employment
- Firm understanding of the National Electrical Code, other NFPA codes/standards and energy codes
- Experience using Computer Aided Design and Drafting (AutoCAD, MicroStation) is a plus
- Building Information Modeling (BIM – Autodesk Revit) experience is a plus
- Electrical power design experience is required
- Lighting, and/or fire alarm design experience is a plus
- Security and communication design experience is a plus
- Experience in Power Studies, such as Short Circuit Study, Coordination Study, and Arc Flash Analysis is preferred
- Proficiency using SKM Power Tools Software or ETAP is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is required
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment effectively
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS