At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Our firm’s Water Business Line, currently comprised of nearly 110 professionals, evaluates and optimizes the ability of all types and sizes of water, wastewater and stormwater facilities in order for our clients to successfully satisfy state and U.S. EPA regulations. Current technologies are utilized to achieve innovative and practical designs. Many of our projects have won state and national awards, and the volume of our water/wastewater work ranks us among the top 20 U.S. engineering firms by ENR. Additionally, our professionals serve a multitude of local, state, national, and international organizations as active community participants.
Gannett Fleming’s Water Business Line is looking for a dynamic and driven Civil/Environmental Engineer to work in our Valley Forge office. Successful candidates will use their technical abilities to assist Department Project Managers and Project Engineers with water, wastewater and stormwater services to Public and Private Clients that meet their engineering needs, while working in a dynamic team setting.
- Participate in the planning, design and construction administration of water, wastewater, and municipal infrastructure facilities/projects
- Conduct site visits, surveys and inspections, and assist with data collection and compilation for utility infrastructure projects
- Prepare reports
- Develop design plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Review Subdivision/Land Development/Grading Permit/Zoning plans
- Review and design Stormwater Management, and Erosion and Sediment Control plans
- Review and prepare federal, state, and local permit applications
- Perform construction management observation and field engineering services
- Prepare grant/funding applications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 3 – 7 years’ experience preferably in a municipal consulting environment
- EIT is required, and candidate should be on a track to receive, or have, their PE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports
- Experience working with Municipalities and Municipal Authorities in PA is a plus
- Progressive experience in evaluation, design, permitting and construction administration of infrastructure improvements
- Physically able to perform work in the field
- Team player possessing strong planning and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite and use of standard engineering software
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D, and stormwater modeling software such as CivilStorm, HydroCAD, PondPack, SWMM, etc. preferred
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.