Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
The TOPS Global Business Development team of Gannett Fleming is seeking a Proposal Specialist to work with capture managers and technical teams to develop winning proposals and presentations. The nature of submittals will include Statement of Qualifications (SOQs), Expressions of Interest (EOIs), proposals to local, state, and federal clients, and interview presentations. This position will work as part of a team and will be located in Tampa, FL.
- Facilitates kick-off meetings and all proposal review milestones.
- Organizes and coordinates proposal resources (project management/technical team input, proposal support, and graphics/print teams).
- Performs detailed analysis of SOQ and RFP requirements and prepares compliance matrices/outlines.
- Identifies and prioritizes tasks, assign responsibilities, develops schedules, reviews all work product, and ensures completions of assignments.
- Performs writing of qualifications, experience, and editing and review of technical sections.
- Researches and compiles information from both external and internal sources, including a variety of databases and data sources (internet, company intranet, previous proposals, etc.).
- Supports sales interview teams and prepares presentation and supporting materials.
- Works with graphic designers to develop proposals and presentations.
- Archives proposal content as part of proposal closeout procedures.
- Participates in required training and knowledge sharing activities.
- Performs self-check of work products and coordinates independent quality control review and compliance checks during the lifecycle of the proposal and in strict accordance with internal quality and proposal development procedures.
- Attend pre-proposal conferences if requested.
- Availability for occasional local travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business or applicable field related to GANNETT FLEMING’s core business or comparable and relevant professional experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leading, coordinating, planning, and developing architectural-engineering-construction proposals and qualifications.
- Experience/familiarity with the Transportation market sector is preferred, but not required.
- Strong project management/coordination skills with an emphasis on responsiveness, multi-tasking, prioritization of tasks, time management, and quality control.
- Strong professional writing and editing skills.
- Excellent leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Familiarity with Government (SF 330 and SF254/255) requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and specifically with MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with developing and editing text in Adobe InDesign and recent experience working with templates, styles, and master pages.
- Experience with CRM is desired but not required.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS