Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with more than 2,100 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
Our Power Business Line Practice is looking for a Substation Physical Designer to join our team in the Marlton, New Jersey office.
- Prepare and/Develop physical/site layout, plans, sections and details of HV and EHV substation design drawings up to 345 KV/500 KV level including steel stands/supporting structures, rigid bus, A-frames, breakers, disconnects, circuit switchers, transformers and other electrical equipment
- Develop strain bus arrangement, line terminations and tap connections to the substations
- Develop Bills of materials for complete connectors, fittings and all hard ware required for a complete installation of the substations including incoming and outgoing line connections
- Physical layout of substation control building, cable entries, trenches/duct banks, cable trays and other apparatus inside the control building
- Relay/Control panel layouts, SCADA and other cabinet arrangement
- Knowledge in the sizing of strain and rigid bus, hardware, conductors will be considered as additional qualification
- Participation in occasional site visits or client meetings at client location may be required.
- Knowledge of GIS and conceptual layout will be considered as an added qualification
- 5 plus years of Substation Physical Design Experience.
- Individual must have experience with general arrangements, plan and sections, conduit, grounding, and lightning protection.
- Utility experience is preferred.
- Fluent in AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Experience with drawings containing both raster and vector elements.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS