At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Our Transportation Practice is currently seeking a Senior Road & Highway Engineer to expand Gannett Fleming’s presence in the Greater Toronto area. At a high level, key responsibilities will include reinforcing and continuing to establish strategic market position/service offerings for the group to align with client needs and Gannett Fleming strategic initiatives. Serving as a Project Manager, Task Manager and/or Technical Advisor on project pursuits, project delivery and leading the road & highway team.
Successful candidates will be driven, resourceful and motivated to collaborate in a team environment focused on project delivery, client development and taking on a leadership role within the transportation business line regionally.
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway and highway projects from preliminary to final design
- Perform geometric design and 3D modeling, develop alignment plans, profiles, cross-sections, super-elevation and grading design and construction staging
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare permit documents and construction bid packages
- Establish working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers
- Provide engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build road and highway projects
- Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing their skills and project deliverables
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subconsultants, and client managers
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance
- Identify schedule and cost variances and develop and implement recommendations for corrective action
- Participate in projects by completing tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) License registered in Ontario is required
- 10 – 15 of years’ progressive engineering experience in Ontario roadway and highway design is required
- Full and in-depth familiarity with AutoCAD design software is required
- Experience with MicroStation, InRoads and Civil 3D is desirable
- MTO experience is desirable
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.