At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Structural Practice. Primary function includes serving our Power Group in Marlton NJ. In addition, position will support facilities design and building modifications, in cooperation with our NYC team. This position will be responsible for leading the structural engineering and design effort for assigned substation and transmission line projects from 15 kV through 345 kV. The design will focus on detailed design of utility and renewable energy substation and transmission line systems.
- Ability to develop structural drawings in a concise and relevant manner. Proven record of structural design using structural steel, concrete and masonry construction materials for different types of projects including buildings and substations,
- Perform design calculations for various structural components including foundation systems, steel and concrete components. Be familiar with all relevant building codes and special codes for buildings and substation design.
- Ability to work with various offices and ability to coordinate with various disciplines in a positive and productive manner.
- Perform field inspection of substations, facilities and transit related structures as needed.
- Write specifications and contractor work scopes; request vendor quotations; evaluate quotations and material purchase request forms
- Direct efforts of engineers and designers, coordinate with sourcing and the project team on technical matters to meet project specifications, cost control and schedule objectives.
- Professional Engineering registration license in New York or New Jersey or ability to obtain license within 6 months.
- Ten years of progressive experience leading or participating in structural design for buildings and substation projects.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have or be able to get NCEES records to be licensed in multiple states
- Ability to engineer design packages when no clear customer specification is provided
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- 15% of travel is expected to jobsites and for internal and client meetings, and includes overnight stays for several days.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- The applicant must have good oral and written communication skills and the ability to lead or be part of a project team.
- Must be capable of field inspection activity such as climbing ladders and using man lifts.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Structural, and/or Civil) with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in renewable and utility substation and transmission line design
- Knowledge of and experience using NESC, ASCE, ACI and ANSI standards and codes
Proficiency in ETABS, SAP2000, Ram Structural System, Ram Concept, STAAD, Mathcad, and TEDDS is highly desired
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.