Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming, Inc. is looking for a State Traffic Management Center (STMC) Operator to work in Camp Hill, PA. An employee in this job gathers real time transportation conditions from a wide variety of sources and analyzes historic transportation events in order to develop analytical work products for transportation, partner state agencies, and the first responder community use by: anticipating, preventing, mitigating, planning for, training, response, operations, and recovery of transportation events. This position can be full-time or hourly.
A subset of this work is receiving and monitoring information on traffic events and conditions from multiple sources such as: first responder scanner feeds, closed circuit television (CCTV) feeds, INRIX or Speed data, open source information (Social Media, News Reports), Statewide Knowledge Center, Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) watch reports, and information from transportation partners to identify traffic events; these events will be verified by established means, once verified a determination of effect of the transportation system will be analyzed. The after effect establishes situational awareness which formulates into a course of action; information will be inputted into the road condition reporting system (RCRS) system, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), operating Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) equipment to assist first responders and the traveling public in ensuring throughput on the transportation system.
- Entering ticker/information for 511PA for Neighboring states and Partnering State Agencies
- Assesses and plans the collection and analysis of information according to transportation incident management needs.
- Gathers, assembles, and analyzes raw data from: PennDOT traffic databases, various open source resources, INRIX, Speed timing devices, ATMS (Advanced Transportation Management System), and RCRS (Road Condition Reporting System) to produce technical and performance reports.
- Ability to deliver and participate in trainings for TMCs throughout the Commonwealth.
- Coordinates situational awareness communication with: law enforcement, PSP Watch Officers, emergency response and incident management entities, PennDOT personnel, and others concerning transportation issues and events.
- Ability to identify and provide recommendations for areas of improvement within traffic management from a statewide level.
- Verifies reported events with Department personnel, PSP, and the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA).
- Determines the severity level of an incident and the level of appropriate incident response protocols, policies, and procedures based on existing and predicted traffic condition
- Assists PennDOT Emergency Operations during major events and inclement weather impacting the Commonwealth.
- Reviews and analyzes pre-scripted Dynamic Message Signs (DMS) information to ensure uniform and succinct messages for the traveling public.
- Operates ITS field devices; such as CCTV Cameras, DMS, and Highway Advisory Radio (HAR), to assist in the directing of traffic and disseminating incident information to the public.
- Review and assist with IT help desk tickets for statewide TMC Operation Systems: ATMS, RCRS, ITS devices, and other Traffic Management Center (TMC) software.
- Review, deconflict, and enter information into RCRS for monitoring and analysis of incidents.
- Collect, evaluate and prepare data needed to produce technical documents such as: TMC performance reports, STMC progress reports, operator logs, and other documents to improve STMC/TMC operations.
- Answer questions from county, district, region, and central office personnel pertaining to transportation events and conditions and associated actions.
- Participate, coordinate, and create emergency transportation operations training to include PEMA professional training and National Incident Management System (NIMS) training.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Two years of professional experience in the analysis of information that includes reporting upon conclusions and recommendations and,
- Two years of professional experience in receiving, gathering, organizing, and disseminating information in the transportation incident management world (traffic, air, water, or rail) and,
- One year of experience evaluating and coordinating information related to traffic data, incidents, or conditions.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of emergency management, transportation incident management (traffic, air, water, and rail), the devices used for effective traffic control.
- Ability to read and interpret state and federal laws, PennDOT rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- Must be able to read and understand road, route, and geographic maps.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Background Screen will be required
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS