At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is seeking an Air Quality Specialist to lead air quality projects within our expanding environmental practice. This position will be located in the Midwest region with the opportunity to help expand our air quality business with the support and resources of our established national practice throughout the U.S. and Canada. Join our Journey!
Gannett Fleming’s team of professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the manufacturing, transportation, real estate, institutional, and food and beverage industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
As an Air Quality Specialist, you must be knowledgeable in air quality regulations, permitting & policy in both the public and private sectors, and have existing relationships and contacts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting private and public-sector client air quality needs, including but not limited to: stationary source and mobile source modeling, air permitting, GHG assessment, construction air quality analysis, preparation of proposals, permit applications, annual compliance reporting, and technical reports
- Managing client relationships including corporate manufacturing managers and executives, operations managers, environmental directors and coordinators, private developers, federal, state, local environmental agencies, and institutions
- Coordination of air quality issues with other Gannett Fleming offices and disciplines
- Project pursuits and scope development
- Project management
- Lead the execution of technical work and QA/QC work products from junior/entry-level staff
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in oral presentations and technical writing is essential
- The ability to manage multiple projects and flexibility to travel to project sites, or client offices, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, meteorology or related field
- 7-10+ years of air quality experience
- A strong background in air quality regulatory review, emissions calculations, air permitting, GHG assessment, construction air quality analysis
- Experience with industrial process environments and construction projects
- Experience in project management with existing client relationships
- Knowledgeable in navigating and interpreting federal, state and local regulations, including but not limited to air permitting and compliance, attainment/nonattainment status, conformity reviews, and air emissions reduction measures
- Expertise in mobile and stationary source modeling and conformity including EPA approved modeling software: MOVES, AERMOD, CAL3QHCR, etc.
- Professional Engineer registration is desirable
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.