Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Environmental Compliance and Remediation group is seeking a highly motivated Environmental Project Manager for a diverse role in a variety of assignments at our New York City office.
The position requires responsibility for the overall implementation of a variety of projects. Specific projects will include Phase I and II environmental site assessments (ESAs) and investigations, soil and groundwater remediation, vapor intrusion investigation and mitigation, petroleum bulk storage system design, tank closure, waste management, and environmental compliance (e.g., permitting, stormwater management, etc.).
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage several concurrent and diverse projects and clients
- Maintain projects within schedule and budget
- Manage scopes of work that include efforts to:
prepare ESA work plans and reports, remedial action work plans, design documents (specifications and design drawings), and compliance documents
- Implement site assessments, remedial actions, construction oversight, and construction phase services
- Perform due diligence and execute property redevelopment programs
- Thoroughly understand project requirements and develop strategies based on client goals
- Fully execute work to completion and produce high quality deliverable
- Act as a liaison between the client, other design disciplines, and regulatory agencies including high-level public and/or private representatives
- Solicit, contract, and manage subconsultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- Support proposal efforts and other business development strategies
- B.S. in Environmental Science/Engineering or related engineering field required
- A minimum of seven years of professional experience in environmental investigations, remediation, and compliance
- A minimum of three years of project management experience
- Experience and knowledgeable in federal, state, and local environmental regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses interpersonal skills to work effectively on a diverse team and achieve results
- OSHA HAZWOPER Certified required
- Proficient in MS Office and familiar with Microsoft Project, Equis, and Arc GIS
- Professional Engineer license in the State of New York preferred
- Consulting background with business development experience with private and public-sector clients highly desired
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS