At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Environmental Compliance and Remediation group is seeking a highly motivated Environmental Project Manager for a diverse role in a variety of assignments at our New York City office.
The position requires responsibility for the overall implementation of a variety of projects. Specific projects will include Phase I and II environmental site assessments (ESAs) and investigations, soil and groundwater remediation, vapor intrusion investigation and mitigation, petroleum bulk storage system design, tank closure, waste management, and environmental compliance (e.g., permitting, stormwater management, etc.).
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage several concurrent and diverse projects and clients
- Maintain projects within schedule and budget
- Manage scopes of work that include efforts to:prepare ESA work plans and reports, remedial action work plans, design documents (specifications and design drawings), and compliance documents
- Implement site assessments, remedial actions, construction oversight, and construction phase services
- Perform due diligence and execute property redevelopment programs
- Thoroughly understand project requirements and develop strategies based on client goals
- Fully execute work to completion and produce high quality deliverable
- Act as a liaison between the client, other design disciplines, and regulatory agencies including high-level public and/or private representatives
- Solicit, contract, and manage subconsultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- Support proposal efforts and other business development strategies
- B.S. in Environmental Science/Engineering or related engineering field required
- A minimum of seven years of professional experience in environmental investigations, remediation, and compliance
- A minimum of three years of project management experience
- Experience and knowledgeable in federal, state, and local environmental regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses interpersonal skills to work effectively on a diverse team and achieve results
- OSHA HAZWOPER Certified required
- Proficient in MS Office and familiar with Microsoft Project, Equis, and Arc GIS
- Professional Engineer license in the State of New York preferred
- Consulting background with business development experience with private and public-sector clients highly desired
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.