At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannet Fleming is looking for an Acoustic GIS Analyst to contribute to a wide range of projects involving on a variety of environmental licensing, permitting and compliance to join our Noise, Vibration and Air Quality Group in the Mid-Atlantic region. We are looking to hire in Raleigh, NC.
The successful candidate will assist with highway and rail transportation noise, environmental noise, industrial noise projects. The successful candidate will participate in sound level measurement programs, data collection, data analysis and report preparation.
- Responsible for completing development tasks as assigned by the project lead
- Assisting with project requirement gathering
- Working as part of a team to develop quality and robust solutions
- Perform a variety of data analysis/processing functions, including analytical data quality reviews, data extraction/loading/transformation, and data organization and cleanup.
- Assists design team in creating plans from concept through final construction drawings
- Creates base drawings using survey information and CAD program(s)
- Plots/prints plans, reports, and presentation materials
- Conduct noise measurement field work as part of the team
- Develops project and presentation graphics
- Minimum BS or BA degrees in Computer Science or GIS-related fields.
- Different degrees may be considered if core coursework consisted of GIS classes.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) experience is highly desired.
- ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox)
- Experience with 3D Analyst, Arc Scene, ArcGIS Pro or Python is a plus.
- Experience with various GIS data formats (Shapefiles, File Geodatabases, DEM or .tin files)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- A passion for working with teammates and customers to solve problems
- Dynamic, personable and self-motivated personality with the ability to work as part of a distributed team as well as independently on assigned tasks.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.