At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannet Fleming is looking for a Senior Environmental Planner with a strong background leading Environmental Assessment processes, coordinating multi-disciplinary environmental and technical teams, and experience on road, rail and transit projects to join our growing Environmental Team in Toronto, Ontario. Join our Journey!
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Oversight and management of Environmental Assessment projects from planning to approval phases
- Leading project teams, including sub-consultant resources to deliver projects; overall coordination of environmental/technical teams as part of the EA process
- Project management/coordination to deliver exceptional products on time and within budget
- Managing and authoring Environmental Assessment Reports/documentation
- Directing the preparation of written materials, reports, drawings and graphics in support of EA projects
- Leading and carrying out public/stakeholder outreach and engagement programs for a range of EA/planning projects
- Liaising with regulatory agencies, clients and other consultants
- Directing environmental impact assessments and environmental permitting/approvals process
- Managing the environmental mitigation and reporting aspects of projects through planning, design, contract specifications, and construction
- Supporting business development pursuits, including proposal preparation, and reviewing sub-consultant proposals
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Management/Planning or a related discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience related to Environmental Assessment/Planning
- Strong knowledge of provincial EA legislation under the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act, including but not limited to: Class EA process, (Municipal, GO Transit, MTO), Transit Project Assessment Process, as well as Federal EA legislation
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to noise, cultural heritage, air quality, land use, species at risk, etc. and permitting/approvals
- Excellent self-management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; team oriented and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated sense of urgency with a strong commitment to ensuring client satisfaction, achieving goals and objectives
- Experience with environmental management and compliance as it relates to the planning, design and construction of infrastructure including environmental specifications
- Knowledge of and experience with project management fundamentals including cost control, scope management, scheduling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- A valid Ontario Class G driver’s license is required to travel to various site locations, meetings, operational facilities, etc.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.