Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Our Geotechnical Practice is currently seeking a dynamic Engineering Geologist or Geological Engineer to join the Valley Forge, PA office. Join our Journey!
As a Geological Engineer, you will assist in the planning and execution of subsurface investigation programs; perform site reconnaissance activities and slope stability evaluations for soil and rock slopes; support the development of design and construction deliverables including geotechnical reports and construction drawings; and perform analyses for transportation, rail, water resources and other types of infrastructure projects.
- Perform geologic hazard assessments and slope stability analyses including calculations and design of mitigation alternatives.
- Assist in the preparation of geotechnical reports and documentation, correspondence, design details and drawings, proposals and specifications.
- Perform detailed field reconnaissance and geological research to evaluate site-specific geotechnical, geologic and hydrogeologic conditions and risks.
- Assist in the planning of subsurface explorations and laboratory testing programs.
- Execute subsurface investigations in support of geotechnical design and evaluation efforts, including test boring inspection, installing and monitoring instrumentation, and other data collection activities as required.
- Support geophysical investigations.
- Compile and manage geotechnical data and prepare typed boring logs and subsurface profiles.
- Provide construction observation support during the construction phase of projects.
- Travel and stay out of town as needed for field assignments.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or a related discipline.
- 0-5 years of related experience in subsurface exploration, design, and development of geotechnical deliverables including reports, drawings, and specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and report writing skills.
- Strong leadership ability and personal initiative. The candidate is expected to have a genuine interest in geology and geotechnical engineering and a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Excellent field observation and data collection/documentation skills.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons.
- Must be able to carry equipment across rugged terrain.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS