At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Transit Program Manager in the Washington, DC area. This position is highly responsible, managerial, and supervisory to ensure successful delivery of assigned Projects. This position requires an effective team leader with outstanding communication skills who can mentor project team members and foster a working environment where project staff who are culturally diverse can work together cooperatively to deliver the project on-time and on-budget. This person will assist in the planning, development, and controlling of major aspects of work associated with the assigned project. This position will have direct responsibility for leading project delivery teams during procurement and overseeing construction of transit projects.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervises project team efforts for assigned projects. Works constructively with client and project team members to resolve issues.
- Coordinate the review of the scope of work between engineering and construction teams.
- Coordinate the development of bid packages including scope of work, supporting documentation, independent cost estimates, and purchase requisitions. Familiarity with alternative delivery methods preferred.
- Assist in the planning, development, and upkeep of the project schedule. Confers with the project team on a regular basis.
- Oversee contract execution. Confers with the project team on a regular basis.
- Continually monitors and manages costs including procurements, labor, and other costs against the project budget. Continually reports progress as required to record the advancement of the project.
- Closely monitors performance metrics against established key performance indicators and provides weekly and monthly reports of project performance.
- Attends or conducts design, survey, and production meetings with each discipline involved as needed to ensure effective project control.
- Coordinate with the project Quality / Safety Manager to ensure that proper measures are in place to assure that quality and safety objectives are being met and to ensure effective project control.
- Prepares project-related correspondence to consultants, contractors, Authority officials, and other agencies.
- Manage project deliverables in Procore.
Qualified individual must meet the following conditions:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management, Business, or related field plus a
- minimum of 20 years demonstrable experience successfully managing construction and delivery of large projects in the transit industry
- PE certification required.
- PMP certification strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with alternative delivery strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated understanding of technical and contractual aspects of design and design-build projects
- Ability to lead and manage multidiscipline teams effectively
- Must have proven ability to manage complex budgets and schedules.
- Must have knowledge of working in a Government environment.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.