Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
- Plans, schedules, and conducts engineering work on projects of medium to large sizes of moderately complex nature
- Responsible for budget, schedule, contractual obligations and quality standards
- Directs several subordinate supervisors or team leaders
- Responsible for training and monitoring internal staff
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key engineers and officials of other organizations and companies
- Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments
- Plans and develops projects concerned with unique or controversial problems that have an important effect on major organization programs
- Develop standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Determine program objectives and requirements and organize programs and projects
- Involved in exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of novel concepts and approaches
- Responsible for acting independently and making authoritative decisions on technical matters
- Develops significant relationships with new and existing clients and has responsibility for client maintenance
- Supports firm’s relationships with client management personnel
- Active in professional associations, including presentation of technical papers, member of technical committee, officer of local or national organization
- Identify needs for recruitment of new employees and participates in selection process
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering
- Greater than 15 -20 years professional experience (exclusive of any advanced degree)
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in New York or New Jersey
- Must have demonstrated experience in the design and construction phase of medium, and large sized water and/or wastewater infrastructure projects with full responsibility for budget, schedule, contractual obligations and quality standards
- Experience includes water and/or wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection systems, water transmission/distribution projects, pipeline rehabilitation projects, master planning, and pump stations
- Ability to evaluate progress of staff and results obtained, and recommends major changes to achieve overall objectives
- Demonstrate creative, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and project team
- Deliver high quality services within budget and schedule constraints
- Familiarity with codes and regulations related to water and wastewater treatment
- Demonstrated ability in physical, chemical, biological processes, hydraulics, and principals of water and wastewater treatment plant design
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS