The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
Our Woodbury, New York Office is looking for an experienced Office Engineer to join our team! The Office Engineer will independently perform a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard construction engineering techniques for projects in Long Island!
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Maintenance of construction project records
- Interface with the Resident Engineer and Senior inspection staff on various facets of the project including: contract change orders, item payments, and material testing
- Attend project meetings
- Assist with preparation of meeting reports
- Assist with preparation of monthly progress reports and maintain project logs
- Perform review of daily inspection reports and quantity computations
- Assist in determining schedule and budget requirements
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry-level engineers, technicians, or administrative staff
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Architectural, Civil, Industrial, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering or in Construction Management is required
- Experience as an Office Engineer with NYSDOT Projects REQUIRED
- Region 10 – Long Island
- An EIT is a plus
- NICET 3/ASCE 3
- Region 10 – Long Island
- Familiar with project scheduling and project management software (PIMS)
- Must have experience with project/program budgeting
- Experience as a site manager preferred
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS