The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Movable Bridge Construction Inspector to join our team in NJ. The Inspectors’s responsibilities include mechanical, electrical and structural work that is issued by the NJDOT in the form of work orders.
- Duties include the initiation, set up, inspection, and documentation of the work orders issued.
- Maintenance construction work includes steel work and repair, concrete work and spall repair, bridge deck joint repair, stress gauging and counterweight balancing, replacement of counterweight steel plates with lead blocks, electrical/mechanical installation and testing, bridge sheaves, lubrication/greasing, sidewalk repair and all associated traffic control.
- Prepare and inputs daily work reports to Site Manager for contractor payment along with a daily DC-144a report explaining the progress and or completion in more detail.
- A minimum 2 years experience Bridge project
- Prior NJDOT experience
- ACI and TCC Certifications preferable
Ability to hear normal conversation
Ability to Lift/Carry – less than 20 pounds
English language ability
Read PC Screen
Work outdoors in varying weather conditions (i.e. rain, snow, etcAbility to Stoop, Kneel, Crawl
Ascend/descend ladders, scaffolding, etc.
Maintain equilibrium on uneven/moving surfaces
Must be able to work off- hours and weekends.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS