Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s specialists have the in-depth knowledge to excel on the most challenging geotechnical assignments. We provide innovative solutions for foundations, underground construction, earth structures, groundwater resources, and marginal building sites. Our geotechnical engineers and geologists specialize in landslides, sinkholes, mine subsidence, seepage, expansive soils, and seismic activity. We have completed more than 1,000 subsurface and geophysical projects across the U.S. – from small-scale projects to large, complex dams, highways, bridges, and underground structures.
Our Geotechnical Practice is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Pittsburgh, PA office. As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will assist in the completion of geotechnical projects within a wide variety of business sectors including transportation, navigation, water resources, and site development. You should have experience in the planning and execution of subsurface investigation programs; completion of various geotechnical analyses and design including shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, and slope stability evaluations; and development of design and construction deliverables including geotechnical reports and construction drawings.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will be expected to perform in a multidiscipline environment, and will be required to complete assigned geotechnical tasks with minimal direct oversight. You should possess solid interpersonal skills, problem solving ability, and be able to utilize the skills of junior geotechnical staff as warranted to complete assignments on time and within budget.
- Complete geotechnical analysis and design for various projects and facilities including, but not limited shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, tieback anchors, soil nails, slope stability design and/or stabilization.
- Prepare written reports and documentation, geotechnical correspondence, design and construction drawings and specifications.
- Plan, or assist in the planning of subsurface explorations and laboratory testing investigations.
- Provide construction observation support during the construction phase of various projects.
- Assist in preparation of geotechnical technical and cost proposals.
- Serve as lead geotechnical engineer for geotechnical projects or geotechnical components of multidiscipline projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required; Master’s Degree with a Geotechnical focus preferred.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Pennsylvania, or ability to obtain professional registration within 6 months of hire date.
- 5-10 years of geotechnical experience with an emphasis in design and development of geotechnical deliverables including reports, drawings, and specifications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required; Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a plus.
- Experience with common geotechnical software programs such as STABL, SLIDE, Slope/w, LPILE, GROUP, GRLWEAP, CRSP, and gINT.
- Field experience with construction observation activities such as micropile and drilled shaft installations, soil nail walls, earthwork and shoring is preferred.
- Experience with pavement design and/or development of Environmental Site Assessments a plus.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong leadership ability and personal initiative. The candidate is expected to have a genuine interest in geotechnical engineering and a desire to learn and grow professionally.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS