Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Toronto office is looking for a Transportation & Traffic Engineering Manager / Project Manager. With a strong transportation/traffic engineering background to support planning, design, and construction management activities for a variety of projects, the candidate will be responsible to build & lead our transportation planning/traffic team in the Greater Toronto Area.
In this role you will be responsible for leading several tasks/contracts with local clients to include MTO, Metrolinx and municipal clients. You will be charged with marketing Gannett Fleming to surrounding public service entities to develop relationships and business opportunities, in addition to nurturing and building a team of traffic and planning professionals.
The ideal candidate will be expected to provide leadership, direction, and guidance to ensure that quality management, design and technical services are provided to clients and that performance targets are met. With a working knowledge of all engineering disciplines related for transportation projects, the successful candidate will use experience and judgment to solve problems for a wide range of public sector clients. You will be highly proactive, have excellent technical writing skills, and have familiarity with traffic analysis and simulation programs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- A Professional Engineer license in Ontario, P.Eng.
- Eligibility for MTO’s RAQS registration.
- 10-15+ years of experience working in traffic design / transportation planning.
- Supervise and perform operational analyses and simulations of transportation systems using software packages such as VISSIM, VISUM, Synchro/SimTraffic and Highway Capacity Software (HCS), TORUS and/or SIDRA/ARCADY.
- Familiarity with all relevant Ontario municipal and provincial (MTO) standards and requirements.
- Lead transportation planning projects and traffic engineering scope on larger projects.
- Ability to lead and/or provide input to business development efforts.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Supervise data collection and field investigation efforts for transportation studies; including traffic counts, travel time runs, and inventories of roadway elements.
- Review and supervise the development of traffic signal, electrical signal, signing & markings and maintenance and protection of traffic designs.
- Utilize the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, TAC and other transportation standards, manuals, and requirements to perform signal warrant studies and assist in the development of maintenance of traffic plans for highway construction and utility projects.
- Supervise and independently develop traffic and transit travel demand forecasts using travel demand models and the Institute of Transportation Engineers’ Trip Generation Manual.
- Supervise and independently evaluate and summarize operational and forecast data for use in transportation studies.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (Civil3D, Inroads, EMME, AIMSUN) would be an asset.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS