Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Our Toronto office offers a dynamic team that tackles a wide variety of transportation, residential, commercial and industrial developments. Gannett Fleming’s Toronto, Canada is looking for a Senior Municipal/Utility Engineer. With a strong civil background to our Utility Team for a variety of small- and large-scale projects.
As a Municipal Engineer, you will have a strong background in Land development and Municipal infrastructure design. Our Municipal/Civil engineers are the key utility players who will provide the multi-disciplinary team utility technical support while dealing with various stakeholders. You will be required to work towards developing deep partnerships with our clients, municipalities, third party utilities, conservation authorities, managers, planners, architects and other offices. From concept development through to operations and management, we provide a full range of engineering services. You will be responsible to solve complex design problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation and for certifying professional work on projects while being a primary point of contact for the clients. The successful candidate will be expected to provide leadership, direction, and guidance to ensure that quality management, design and technical services are provided to clients and that performance targets are met.
- Prepares plans, designs, calculations, analyses in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings and other specifications
- Interprets and analyzes field inspection data to evaluate and make recommendations on technical problem solutions
- Conducts technical field review of construction projects, interpreting design specifications to ensure construction is in compliance
- Prepares contract specifications by writing design specifications
- Leads and coordinates assigned design team
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resources Engineering, or related field of practice is required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Professional Engineer license in Ontario, P.Eng. is preferable.
- 8 – 15 years’ experience
- Established contacts and knowledge of the regulatory environment and approvals process.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to build rapport.
- Experience in providing technical and project leadership to staff-level or junior engineers.
- A strong background using Civil3D/MicroStation and/or Auto CAD is required. Experience using ArcGIS and Bentley-related modeling programs is a plus.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS