Today’s communities require reliable transportation systems that locally and globally connect people, goods, and places. Gannett Fleming propels communities forward with industry-leading transportation solutions that improve mobility and minimize impacts to the environment. ENR consistently ranks Gannett Fleming as a top 25 firm in transportation, mass transit and rail, highways, and bridges. We focus on smart design strategies, sustainability, innovation that maximizes efficiency, and community partnerships.
Our Piscataway, NJ office is currently looking for a highly-motivated Senior Traffic Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate should have 12-15 years of related experience along with a BSCE, who is highly proactive, has excellent technical writing skills, and has familiarity with traffic analysis and simulation programs. Prior experience as a Project Engineer/Manager on Transportation projects and supervising and training project engineers highly desired.
This position also requires technical design background in at least one of the following areas: highway design, traffic engineering, as well as familiarity with NJDOT, NJTA, AASHTO and MUTCD standards. Experience using CADD/Design Software (MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D) desirable.
- Supervise and Perform operational analyses and simulations of transportation systems using software packages such as VISSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, Highway Capacity Software (HCS), CORSIM and SIDRA.
- Supervise and Prepare summaries of operational analyses, including documentation of inputs, processes, and outputs and measures of effectiveness.
- Supervise data collection and field investigation efforts for transportation studies; including traffic counts, travel time runs, and inventories of roadway elements.
- Utilize the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices and other transportation standards, manuals and requirements of New Jersey to perform signal warrant studies and assist in the development of maintenance of traffic plans for highway construction and utility projects.
- Supervise and Independently develop traffic and transit travel demand forecasts using travel demand models and the Institute of Transportation Engineers’ Trip Generation Manual.
- Supervise and Independently evaluate and summarize operational and forecast data for use in transportation studies.
- Review and supervise the development of traffic signal, electrical signal, signing & striping and maintenance and protection of traffic designs.
- Function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Lead traffic engineering design tasks for roadway/traffic projects from concept development to final design
- Develop and review construction documents to include plans, specifications, and estimates
- Assist Traffic Department manager in leading traffic engineering tasks and projects, training and supervising project engineers, and managing work load and project assignments.
- Preparing technical and cost proposals and participating in business development activities.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering required
- 12-15 years of experience working in Traffic Design. Design experience should include familiarity with roadway, and traffic elements, with the ability to supervise and independently develop construction documents
- Working knowledge of VISSIM, HCS and Synchro/SimTraffic software required.
- Hands-on traffic analysis, traffic engineering and travel forecasting is required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Understanding of procedures and data in the MUTCD is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) required
- Local candidates preferred
- Experience working with New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT), New Jersey Turnpike Authority (NJTA) and New Jersey Counties preferred but experience working with State DOTs is a must.
- Experience with MicroStation, ProjectWise and Microsoft Office
Preference given to those possessing any of the following Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Synchro, VISSIM, HCS
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification
- Masters Degree in Civil Engineering
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS