Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Pittsburgh office! A successful candidate will possess demonstrated experience in the analysis, design and detailed plan preparation of steel and concrete bridges, anchored retaining wall design, hydrologic and hydraulic studies involved in bridge design, as well as have a good understanding of highway and geotechnical engineering.
Desired candidate will be experienced with Department of Transportation design policies, standards, and specifications and have proven project experience as a lead bridge/structures engineer. Coordinate design activities and meetings between staff and other disciplines within Gannett Fleming. The candidate will serve as a senior engineer and bridge project/task manager for large, multidisciplinary projects. Manage new and existing clients, as well as mentor to structural staff. The candidate will work with team members to maintain and improve current client relationships, as well as develop new clients.
Position requires effective time management, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Successful candidate will be articulate with a professional presence and solid decision-making, planning and organizational skills. Responsibility for managing/overseeing scopes, schedules and budgets for projects performed with the bridge group and daily successful operation of all aspects of project delivery including customer interface.
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering; Masters Preferred.
- PE required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the analysis and design of concrete and structural steel bridges and related simple and complex structures.
- Must possess strong leadership and communications skills
- 5 years of experience managing a bridge/structures design teams, with a strong record of managing staff in the pursuit and execution of infrastructure projects.
- Well versed in DOT or PennDOT design policies, standards and specifications
- Candidate should be well versed in the use of the AASHTO LRFD and LFD Bridge Design Specifications.
- Position requires knowledge in the use of Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word programs for business applications.
- Experience in writing/development of project proposals and letters of interest.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS