Today’s communities require reliable transportation systems that locally and globally connect people, goods, and places. Gannett Fleming propels communities forward with industry-leading transportation solutions that improve mobility and minimize impacts to the environment. ENR consistently ranks Gannett Fleming as a top 25 firm in transportation, mass transit and rail, highways, and bridges. We focus on smart design strategies, sustainability, innovation that maximizes efficiency, and community partnerships.
What You Will Do
Our Highway Engineering Practice is looking for a motivated, highly talented Highway Engineer to join our Pittsburgh, PA office. Successful candidate will have demonstrated professional experience in roadway and transportation related design tasks. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of project managers and engineers responsible for providing design for a wide variety of public transportation projects, including roadway and intersection improvements, bridge replacements, drainage improvements, site/civil improvements, highways and interchanges.
- Lead engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design, specifically roadway, drainage, stormwater management, erosion control and permitting
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Prepare plans required for construction of projects
- Prepare reports required by the project development process
- Complete tasks with multi-disciplined teams
- Perform checks/reviews following Gannett Fleming’s ISO 9001:2008 Certified Quality Management System
- Provide assistant project management duties progressing towards project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Minimum 8 years of related highway design experience
- Strong technical design background in the following areas: highway design, traffic control, drainage, stormwater management and permitting
- Familiarity with AASHTO and PennDOT standards with knowledge of DEP requirement is a plus
- Prior design experience with Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania Turnpike projects
- Hands on experience and proficiency using CADD/Design Software including MicroStation and InRoads required (Open Roads and Civil3D experience is a plus)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with project management or assistant project management duties is a plus
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS