Today’s communities require reliable transportation systems that locally and globally connect people, goods, and places. Gannett Fleming propels communities forward with industry-leading transportation solutions that improve mobility and minimize impacts to the environment. ENR consistently ranks Gannett Fleming as a top 25 firm in transportation, mass transit and rail, highways, and bridges. We focus on smart design strategies, sustainability, innovation that maximizes efficiency, and community partnerships.
What You Will Do
Our Civil/Highway Engineering Practice will be looking for a Project Manager/Senior Highway Engineer in the near future to join our Pittsburgh, PA Office.
As a key member of the Pittsburgh Transportation Group, the successful candidate will be responsible for management of roadway and transportation projects in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and with PennDOT and Pennsylvania Turnpike. The primary focus will be on highway and multi-disciplined transportation design projects such as traditional design-bid-build as well as design build methods. As a Project Manager, responsibilities will also include growth of the overall program, business development and client relationships.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Project management and oversight of relationships with various governmental agencies (PennDOT, cities, and counties)
- Management of the design team working on the assigned engineering project(s)
- Full managerial responsibility of the transportation project including scope development, contract negotiations, cost control, project staff management, and quality control
- Plans, develops, directs, and coordinates activities of civil engineering projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of transportation projects including roadway, drainage, stormwater management, erosion control and other transportation related components
- Coordinate and perform design activities and meetings between design staff, subconsultants, and clients
- Coordinate the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, subconsultants, internal technical and support staff
- Perform reviews following Gannett Fleming’s ISO 9001:2008 Certified Quality Management System
- Assist with business development activities including pursuit identification, teaming and capture management.
- Initiates and reviews proposals
- Participates in presentations as applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 15-20 years progressive experience in the design, management and implementation of highway/roadway civil engineering transportation projects primarily in Pennsylvania
- Licensed Pennsylvania Professional Engineer (PE) with other states a plus
- Must have demonstrated experience managing design teams on a variety of transportation projects including large, complex engineering projects.
- Must have knowledge and applicable experience with PennDOT’s approved design software packages including MS Office, Microstation, ASTA with InRoads a plus
- Working knowledge and experience with PennDOT policy, procedures, standards and permitting requirement
- Extensive experience of PennDOT design and management
- Strong public speaking skills with good written and verbal communication skills
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS