Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Transportation Business Line is looking for an experienced Senior Highway Engineer & Project Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit, established track record of leading transportation projects, strong relationships with transportation authorities in Massachusetts with the ability to develop business and nurture relationships. This position represents the opportunity for professional growth, and to contribute to the continued expansion of Gannett Fleming’s presence in the Northeast region.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for project management to include scope development, contract negotiations, cost control, staff management, and quality control on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating activities of highway design team to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Provide engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and alternative delivery highway projects.
- Coordinating design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and clients.
- Coordinating the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, of subcontractors and internal technical and support staff.
- Leading business development activities including pursuit identification, teaming and capture management.
- Initiating, contributing to proposal development and presentations.
- Proactively engaging with other disciplines and clients to prepare high quality, technically efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) License registered in Massachusetts
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience leading design medium or large – scale transportation projects in civil/highway, roadway design
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring junior to mid-level engineers
- Project Management experience to include schedule and financial management
- Must have relationships with local and state transportation agencies to include Mass DOT Highway Division, MBTA or Mass Port
- Experience procuring or managing transportation projects for Massachusetts municipal agencies
- A proven track record of project management and technical highway design skills
- Familiarity with MicroStation, InRoads, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS