In an increasingly complex and financially constrained environment, Gannett Fleming recognizes that safety, operating efficiency, state of good repair, stakeholder requirements, and risk mitigation drive program success. We provide planning, engineering, program delivery, testing, and commissioning services to the transit and freight rail industries and offer extensive experience in rail and bus systems, transit facilities, and civil and structural infrastructure. We deliver system expansions and upgrades for bus, commuter railroads, freight railroads, and light and heavy rail transit systems.
What You Will Do
- Functions as a senior project manager on large roadway, transit, and rail projects for the construction services business line in the greater Chicagoland area.
- Manages, supervises, and coordinates assigned construction and construction management contracts; budgets for assigned contracts; monitors cost and cash flow and administers contingency funds; monitors each contract for scope, schedule, and budget compliance.
- Reviews and provides comments related to constructability of construction documents.
- Oversees reviews of submittals, requests for information, and field clarifications; and verifies quality control to ensure compliance and accountability with the Contract Documents and all current and applicable local, provincial and federal codes, laws, rules and regulations, and Agency policies and procedures,
- Reviews the work sequences, interfaces and time durations in schedules to identify potential conflicts, and to ensure that work is efficiently planned and executed. Provides suggestions on how to expedite work to meet schedule requirements and tracks schedule delays and reasons for delays.
- Works with project staff to review pay applications, change orders, and provisional sum allocations for entitlement, completeness, accuracy, and adherence to contract requirements. Ensures contract compliance to technical plans and specifications; and reviews documentation and files for accuracy and completeness, including daily reports and construction logs.
- Assists in the administration and implementation of projects related to contracts and program phases such as design, permitting, procurement, and construction.
- Assists in the development of the business line’s annual budget; participates in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; ensures that project expenditures and cost estimates are adequately documented and monitored to their completion; reviews and approves expenditures; and implements adjustments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, construction management, or closely related field
- Experienced in contract / agreement negotiation and administration of construction and engineering services contracts, and third-party agreements.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and local laws, codes, and regulations as they apply to transit operations.
- Principles of financial management including expenditure tracking, variance identification, revenue tracking; contract and procurement strategies and management principles.
- Minimum fifteen years construction management experience that includes field construction, contract administration, estimating, negotiations, project and design management.
- Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience on large scale transit projects. Will also consider experience in transportation infrastructure heavy civil, buildings, and underground structures, including supervisory, budgetary, and management responsibility OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading construction management function on an operating freight rail, transit or commuter line is REQUIRED.
- Professional Engineer License (P.E.) or Certified Construction Manager issued by the Construction Manager Certification Institute
- Certification as a Project Management Professional by the Project Management Institute (preferred)
- Candidates with experience working on Class 1 or Freight RR projects for companies such as Union Pacific, CXS, CN, UP, Metra, or BNSF will be given preference.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS