Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming provides a complete range of Transportation services throughout Florida including planning, design and construction services support. Our staff are actively involved with the clients we serve and have experience providing engineering services for on-call task order contracts and site-specific projects. Gannett Fleming’s team of transportation experts utilize a sound engineering approach to provide cost-effective solutions that are fully compliant with state and federal requirements.
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Senior Transportation Leader | Roadway Business Line to join our leadership team in Tampa to continue the growth we’re experiencing in the Florida market and provide strategic vision while managing and leading projects that will improve Florida’s transportation systems and programs. This is an exciting time to join our team!
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter that thrives in a team environment and is adept in client management, business development and project management. The candidate shall have a background in delivering transportation projects for FDOT and other Florida clients in the Tampa Bay region, in the areas of roadway design, traffic studies, transportation planning, traffic engineering, ITS, lighting and construction support services.
- Lead roadway transportation client management, business development and project management efforts in the Tampa Bay region.
- Work with Gannett Fleming’s Southeast Regional Market Executive and Florida Business Unit Leader on the development and execution of our Florida transportation strategy.
- Maintain strong relationships with both external and internal clients, including industry associations and consultant and contractor business partners.
- Be a visible leader and trusted advisor to state and municipal clients in the Tampa market.
- Oversee engineering staff that deliver diverse service offerings to transportation clients
- Maintain active industry involvement in organizations such as ITS America, ITE, TRB, Team Florida, and other organizations.
- Serve as project manager and engineer-of-record (EOR) for reports and design plans.
- Perform quality, schedule, and cost control functions on assigned projects and tasks.
- Manage and deliver on multiple project commitments, both new and existing.
- Support internal teams and service outside clients directly.
- Mentor and assist junior staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree preferred
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration in Florida is required
- PTOE certification is desirable
- 15+ years’ professional experience in Transportation/Highway/Traffic/ITS Engineering, including project management experience.
- Experience working with FDOT Districts 1 and 7, and other county and local agencies required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation.
- Track record of successfully completing projects and team leadership
- Solid client relationships and willingness to help lead proposal and presentation efforts
- Ability to oversee staff and direct projects
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS