The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
The Testing and Commissioning Engineer plays a key role in confirming that defined elements of the train control system are safe and ready to be placed into service. This role takes responsibility for the entire Testing and Commissioning cycle, from the development of test plans appropriate for the system under test through placing the system into revenue service.
Test plans and testing procedures need to be developed and executed in compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements and industry standards. All work must be meticulously documented, verified and approved at each step of the process.
This position requires a high level of competence and experience. The safety of the Train Control System depends on the proper development, execution, documentation and authorization of the testing and commissioning processes by the Engineer. Knowledge of the systems under test extends to an ability to adjust field configurations, update and verify software and hardware changes authorized by the designers, and incorporate these into the testing, documentation and certification.
Specific tasks, knowledge and experienced required for this position include the following:
- Create test plans
- Identify, allocate and procure adequate resources for testing activities
- Help identify and create staging plans to permit execution of the testing and commissioning within operational impact limitations established by the client
- Participate in Site Specific Work Plan and Track Access planning to comply with the staging, implementation and testing plans
- Develop contingency and plans to complete testing activities or return to legacy operation in the case of implementation failures
- Identification and accurate reporting of non-compliances
- Manage field equipment configuration to make and document approved adjustments as testing progresses
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems discovered during testing
- Work nights and weekends over extended periods to complete testing during non-revenue periods
- Safely work in hazardous environments including subway tunnels, on active train wayside locations and under traffic.
- 5 years’ hands-on experience in train control testing & commissioning
- Experience on electrified rail system (3rd rail preferred)
- Large Project Experience ($100M+)
- Experience operating in complexity and uncertainty
- Ability to communicate effectively with owners, stakeholders, and contractors.
- Experience working on projects involving an operating railroad.
- Experience working on projects involving third rail power.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS