The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
Transit System Inspectors are needed in the San Francisco, CA Bayarea. They willobserve, document and verify the location, characteristics and condition of existing and newly installed Train Control equipment on the BART system. Responsibilities include development and documentation of inspection plans; participation in Track Access planning meetings, development and use of Site Specific Work Plans; arranging transportation to access locations, completing inspections according to the inspection plans; gathering, arranging and organizing accurate and complete field data in a clear and concise manner.
Experience working on and accessing a live railroad right of way is essential. Knowledge of common hazards and safety processes encountered on a third-rail electrified railway is necessary for this position. with BART operating and safety protocols would be beneficial, as would knowledge of existing BART train control equipment configurations and arrangements.
Inspectors will be expected to work variable shifts, at night and on weekends, according to right of way availability. Work is typically on the right of way – in tunnels, at grade and on elevated guideway segments. The position is physically demanding, with considerable walking, climbing and accessing remote locations. A strong commitment to observing safe work practices and promoting safety in others is essential.
- At least 5 years’ experience in conducting transit system inspections
- Knowledge of Roadway Worker Protection requirements and experience in developing and following structured Site-Specific Work Plans (SSWP) and safe Track Access procedures
- Knowledge of applicable safety requirements; completion of OSHA 30 training and First Aid / CPR would be beneficial; a strong commitment to safe working practices is required.
- Ability to identify and document presence of, type and condition information for Electrical and Train Control equipment and systems
- Demonstrated ability to collect and maintain organized data, notes and photographs and create clear and concise reports using standard PC tools such as Excel and Word
- Be willing to work on flexible schedules to accommodate transit operations, including weekends and overnight for extended periods.
- Able to work in physically demanding environments, including climbing, crawling, and accessing confined spaces, walking on uneven surfaces and under poorly illuminated conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively with owners, stakeholders, and contractorsExperience working on projects involving an operating railroad.
- Experience working on projects involving third rail power.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS