The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
In an increasingly complex and financially constrained environment, Gannett Fleming recognizes that safety, operating efficiency, state of good repair, stakeholder requirements, and risk mitigation drive program success. We provide planning, engineering, program delivery, testing, and commissioning services to the transit and freight rail industries and offer extensive experience in rail and bus systems, transit facilities, and civil and structural infrastructure. We deliver system expansions and upgrades for bus, commuter railroads, freight railroads, and light and heavy rail transit systems.
Gannett Fleming is looking for an Office Engineer to support our construction services project team on a large scale transit capital construction project in Oakland, CA.
This position represents a career opportunity to not only work directly on a large-scale Electrification Project, but to also become part of a team recognized nationally as a leader in railroad planning, design and construction management.
- Under the guidance of senior staff, assist in the preparation of drawings, specifications, engineering reports, and similar documents for transit and rail clients.
- Participate in site investigations and the evaluation of design information. Assist in the development of site conditions reports and the initial documentation for design.
- Manage project submittal/RFI workflow and participation in engineering review(s) meetings.
- Collaborate closely within client, project team and other key stakeholders
- The successful candidate(s) will be assisting in the management of the project under the guidance of Senior Project Managers. The candidate will assume additional project management responsibilities with experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural or Electrical Engineering and/or related Construction Management credentials/experience.
- 5 years of total experience in engineering and construction management are preferred.
- Experience working with MicroStation, AutoCAD, and related applications is required.
- This position requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with owners, stakeholders, and contractors.
- Experience working on projects involving an operating railroad.
- Experience working on projects involving third rail power.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS