The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
In an increasingly complex and financially constrained environment, Gannett Fleming recognizes that safety, operating efficiency, state of good repair, stakeholder requirements, and risk mitigation drive program success. We provide planning, engineering, program delivery, testing, and commissioning services to the transit and freight rail industries and offer extensive experience in rail and bus systems, transit facilities, and civil and structural infrastructure. We deliver system expansions and upgrades for bus, commuter railroads, freight railroads, and light and heavy rail transit systems.
As Gannett Fleming continues to expand in the Bay area (San Francisco, CA), we are looking for a Resident Engineer experienced in varied engineering disciplines to include: Civil, Electrical or Mechanical.
As a Resident Engineer, you will lead construction management activities and support Construction Management (CM) teams supporting a large scale public transit and commuter rail systems related capital program.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide oversight of the field construction inspectors during the project construction phase including: preparation of inspectors’ daily work schedules, ensuring site safety monitoring, technical oversight, quality of construction, and Client satisfaction.
- Accountable for the planning, coordination and inspection, and construction management activities and assignments of all direct reporting staff to ensure efficient utilization of staffing.
- Ability to balance work in the project office with the senior management team provide supervision of the field inspection teams working nights and weekends.
- Interface with multiple contractors to ensure coordination of construction activities and acquisition of force account support staff with multiple transit and railroad agencies in a timely manner to meet aggressive project schedules.
- Ability to evaluate, resolve and provide solutions to contractors and construction inspectors for constructability issues encountered at construction sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline with demonstrated and increasing levels of responsibilities and authority in similar project environments.
- Direct experience functioning as an owner’s representative on large scale transit/transportation programs
- Hands on experience supporting and delivering projects on live, active transit/rail systems
- Experience in the evaluation and validation of contractors change order requests against contract documents, negotiating change orders costs and schedule impacts and make recommendations to the Construction Manager and Program Manager.
- Knowledge and experience in performing inspection and resident engineering activities in active transit system environments, construction site safety standards, operations requirements and force account support services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with owners, stakeholders, and contractors.
- Experience working on projects involving an operating railroad
- Experience working on projects involving third rail power.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS