Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
The Proposal Specialist works with proposal managers, capture managers, and technical teams to coordinate and help develop sales proposals and statements of qualifications, primarily. This position can be located in the following areas – Raleigh, NC; Tampa, FL; Fairfax, VA; Washington, DC; Richmond, VA or Columbia, SC.
Principal Responsibilities and essential functions
- Schedules, facilitates, and documents simple proposal kick-off and color review milestones in accordance with best practices for proposal development
- Work is closely monitored and overseen by Manager for accuracy, timeliness, quality, etc.
- Compiles and distributes meeting notes, action items, and review comments from all proposal meetings.
- Performs detailed analysis of SOQ and RFP requirements; prepares compliance matrices/outlines and schedules and coordinates tasks for the proposal team
- Coordinates proposal resources (project management/technical team input, proposal support, subconsultant input, graphics/print teams, and corporate input (such as legal, HR, and financial))
- Identifies and prioritizes tasks, develops proposal production schedules for review by Manager
- Reviews all work product, ensures completions of assignments, and adherence to internal best practices and quality control objectives
- Edits and reviews technical sections
- Ensures incorporation of all changes from review meetings
- Enters key proposal data/milestones into CRM
- Supports sales interview teams, if needed, with Senior Manager oversight
- Collaborates with graphic designers to develop proposals and presentations
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensing requirements
- Normally a 4-year degree required in English, marketing, journalism, communications, or applicable field is required
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or experience
- Normally 2-3 years of experience in developing/editing quality individual proposal and qualification sections (resumes, projects, general information), and editing of technical approaches for AEC industry
- Experienced with RFP/RFQ requirements reviews and developing compliance matrices
- Proven ability to lead 1-2 concurrent simple proposals under the supervision of a Senior Manager
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Trained in Gannett Fleming best practices for proposal development or comparable industry training is preferred
- Familiar with at least one of Gannett Fleming’s core business lines is preferred
- Ideally, experienced with business development support services.
Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Generally, office work environment. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to independently travel and be physically present in the office or at a client site.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS