Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
The Senior Proposal Specialist manages proposals and presentations, provides capture support, and may assist with client management support. The contract position supports one or more regional business lines or a global business line. This contract position can be located in the following areas – Raleigh, NC; Tampa, FL; Fairfax, VA; Washington, DC; Richmond, VA or Columbia, SC.
Principal Responsibilities and essential functions
- Able to lead 1 complex proposal concurrent with other smaller proposal
- May Lead Sections for complex proposal
- Able to organize and coordinate interview team to prepare the content
- Work is regularly monitored and overseen by Manager for messaging and quality
- Compiles and distributes meeting notes, action items, and review comments from all proposal meetings
- Performs detailed analysis of SOQ and RFP requirements; prepares compliance matrices/outlines and schedules according to corporate proposal best practices
- Organizes and coordinates proposal resources (project management/technical team input, proposal support, subconsultant input, and graphics/print teams)
- Ensures completion of all assignments, review of all work, and adherence to internal best practices and quality control objectives
- Provides strategic writing and editing support for: all general qualifications; executive summaries; win themes; personnel resumes, project descriptions, summary paragraphs, action captions, and benefit statements
- Enters and tracks opportunities and proposals in CRM
- Supports sales interview teams, schedules/facilitates kick-off meeting and rehearsals, and prepares presentation and supporting materials
- Facilitate capture plan support for short- to- medium length capture phase/simple pursuits with close oversight/participation by manager for assurance of best practice implementation
- Liaise with respective MARCOM staff during capture planning to coordinate early input, as required
- No authority to flex within the framework of best practices
- Keeps all CRM documentation updated
- Coordinates client management team activities for Tier 2 clients
- Participates in Tier 1 client management activities/ and or coordinates closely with Tier 1 client manager to assure the scheduling and note-taking of client management team meetings
- Coordinate with respective MARCOM to define needs for support
- Requires oversight, participation, feedback, and input from Manager/senior level BD
- Provides research support, scheduling, and organization of information to other Tier 1 clients
- Formats/edits client management plans in accordance with company templates and standards
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory (if applicable)
- May manage one or more assistant proposal specialists/proposal specialists on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities includes assignment of tasks to appropriate team member and review of work to ensure compliance with quality and department-specified practices and procedures.
- May manage and/or assist Business Development Manager or Leader with proposal workload and resourcing for regional or global business development team.
- May serve as timesheet approver, perform Performance Evaluation Reviews (PER), and recommend training for staff and provide input to annual training plan for department
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Licensing requirements
- Normally a 4-year degree required in English, marketing, journalism, communications, or applicable field is required
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or experience
- Normally a minimum of 5 years of combined prior proposal experience is required and in the AEC industry leading, coordinating, planning, and developing architectural-engineering-construction proposals and qualifications, including section writing experience
- Will have demonstrated a progressively increasing level of responsibility during the past 1 year (minimum)
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Able to work with some degree of independence to execute proposal lifecycle
Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Generally, office work environment. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to independently travel and be physically present in the office or at a client site.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS