Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s geotechnical engineering practice provides solutions for foundation design and rehabilitation, underground construction, earth structures and water resources. Exploration, analysis and design related to soil, rock and groundwater is an essential part of every project. Our engineers and geologists specialize in foundation design and testing, landslides, sinkholes, mine subsidence, seepage, expansive soils and seismic activity.
Our Geotechnical Practice is currently seeking a self-motivated Geotechnical Engineer possessing 1-3 years of related experience to join our office in Toronto, Ontario. This individual will assist senior geotechnical engineers and project managers in planning and overseeing subsurface explorations and performing analyses for infrastructure, transportation, rail, water resources and other types of projects.
- Assist senior staff in planning and overseeing field explorations, construction projects, laboratory testing, design and analysis of shallow and deep foundations for highway and/or rail bridges and major hydraulic structures, stability and seepage analyses of earthen embankments, settlement estimates, lateral earth pressure assessments for retaining walls, and ground improvement assessments for complex sites;
- Assist in preparation of Phase I/II ESA and conduct necessary field investigations;
- Working in a team environment providing geotechnical engineering services; and
- Performing other duties as required.
While the primary focus will be on civil / geotechnical engineering projects in the Greater Toronto Area, opportunities will exist to work with other divisions in Gannett Fleming’s multidisciplinary offices, in Ontario and beyond.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Eligible or in process of obtaining P.Eng. from Professional Engineers Ontario
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of relevant working experience since graduation
- A sound base in the application of geotechnical engineering to problem solving
- Transportation geotechnical engineering and Phase I/II ESA with MTO and Rail project experience in Greater Toronto Area
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary project teams
- Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills
- Must be willing to travel, including extended periods out of town at remote project sites, regional offices, and as required by the scope of the project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must have current Driver’s License
- Master’s Degree with Geotechnical focus preferred.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS