Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Transportation Engineer or Traffic Engineer to participate in a broad range of traffic engineering and transportation planning projects for high profile public sector clients in New York, NY. As a transportation engineer you will apply technical expertise, lead project teams, coordinate with high level client stakeholders and maintain relationships with contractors and sub-consultants on a variety of on conventional and unconventional projects. This is a dynamic environment with short deadlines and a high level of interaction with the client day to day.
Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate progressive experience in transportation engineering, with specialized skills and experience in traffic operations and transportation planning. This Transportation Engineer will look forward to work on multi-disciplinary projects requiring complex design and analysis skills; management of projects and major project tasks; supervision of technical staff; and client interaction. Additional highlights of the role can be found below:
- Participates on interdisciplinary teams with technical responsibilities in the areas of traffic operations analysis and simulation; traffic signal design and operations; signing and striping plan preparation; and construction traffic control planning
- Prepares project deliverables including construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, and technical reports
- Participates in client meetings and the presentation of project findings to technical and lay audiences
- Participates in client marketing, the preparation of proposals and making presentations
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree
- PE is required
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in transportation and/or traffic engineering and design
- Familiar with MicroStation and Geopak
- Experience using Synchro, VISSIM and/or CORSIM analysis tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS