Today’s communities require reliable transportation systems that locally and globally connect people, goods, and places. Gannett Fleming propels communities forward with industry-leading transportation solutions that improve mobility and minimize impacts to the environment. ENR consistently ranks Gannett Fleming as a top 25 firm in transportation, mass transit and rail, highways, and bridges. We focus on smart design strategies, sustainability, innovation that maximizes efficiency, and community partnerships.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Miami,FL office is looking for an experienced Drainage Engineer to lead the design of drainage solutions on FDOT transportation projects OR for a variety of public transportation clients throughout the Southeast Region for State DOTs and local municipalities.
Primary areas of focus will include conducting hydraulic and hydrologic modeling; stormwater collection systems modeling and design; collecting, analyzing and presenting data in reports, drafting and presenting memos and leading public forums; production of design calculations and technical reports; and leading the preparation of engineering plans and specifications for design of detention facilities, storm drains, flood control facilities, and other hydraulic structures.
Must be able to work independently as well as assist groups of medium to large teams of professionals and technicians dependent on project/task. Leading highway drainage design and plans production for DOTs and Municipal clients, drainage analysis and documentation, and stormwater management design & permitting.
- BS. degree in Civil, Environmental, Transportation Engineering, or related discipline required
- Professional Engineer – State of Florida
- 5+ years of working experience performing drainage design for highway/roadway projects, preparing plans and specifications, and permitting experience and working knowledge of water management districts in Florida
- Successful project leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the FDOT Design Manual, Standard Plans, Drainage Manual and Drainage Design Guide
- Knowledgeable in stormwater management regulations, erosion and sediment control best management practices
- Experience with MS Office, Microstation, Geopak Drainage, ICPR, HEC-RAS, ArcGIS
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS