Today’s communities require reliable transportation systems that locally and globally connect people, goods, and places. Gannett Fleming propels communities forward with industry-leading transportation solutions that improve mobility and minimize impacts to the environment. ENR consistently ranks Gannett Fleming as a top 25 firm in transportation, mass transit and rail, highways, and bridges. We focus on smart design strategies, sustainability, innovation that maximizes efficiency, and community partnerships.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming provides a complete range of ITS and Traffic Engineering services. Including the development of planning, engineering and design documents, including traffic impact studies, simulations/modeling and traffic demand forecasting /transportation planning, and construction services. Our project managers are actively involved with the clients they serve and have experience providing traffic engineering services for on-call task order contracts and site- specific projects. Gannett Fleming’s team of ITS and traffic experts, utilize a sound engineering approach to provide cost-effective solutions that are fully compliant with state and federal requirements.
Gannett Fleming’s Transportation Operations Practice is looking for a Traffic Engineer/ ITS Engineer to join our team in Miami, FL. This is an exciting time to join our team!
Successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter individual that aspires to work in a team environment, and is adept in business development, project management, ITS/traffic studies, and design (signing/marking, signals, lighting, and ITS).
- ITS/Traffic planning studies, maintenance of traffic plans, safety studies, signing & marking plans, ITS plans, and traffic signal plans (isolated and interconnect), lighting plans.
- Marketing ITS/Traffic Analysis and Engineering services and assist in preparation of proposals for public and private sector clients.
- Using AutoCAD, Microstation, HCS and Synchro and other traffic engineering software.
- Performing quality, schedule, and cost control functions on assigned projects and tasks.
- Managing and delivering on multiple project commitments, both new and existing.
- Supporting internal teams and servicing outside clients directly.
- Mentor and assist junior ITS/traffic engineers and technical staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required
- Professional Engineering (PE) License registered in Florida is highly preferred
- 6+ years’ of experience is required
- Experience working with local public agencies and FDOT required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation
- Experience with the development of Systems Engineering Documents, ITS/Traffic Engineering Plans, Specifications, and Studies
- Track record of successfully completing projects and team leadership
- Solid client relationships and willingness to help lead proposal and presentation efforts
- PTOE is desirable
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS